- Snapshots of modern mathematics
- Diderot Mathematical Forum 2013: “Mathematics of Planet Earth”
- Pierre de Fermat and Andrew Wiles in Czech Republic stamps
- Stefan Banach (March 30, 1892 – August 8, 1945)
- Diderot Mathematical Forums
- Guessing the Numbers
- What is mathematics for Ehrhard Behrends
- What is mathematics for Krzysztof Ciesielski
- The Three Ducks Trick
- What is mathematics for Franka Brueckler
APLIMAT 2017 and Mauro Francaviglia Memorial Exhibit in Bratislava
APLIMAT 2017, the 16th International Conference on Applied Mathematics will be held on January 31 – February 2, 2017 at Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava. Main conference topics including algebra and geometry and their applications; differential equations, dynamic systems and their applications; financial and actuary mathematics; mathematics and art; modelling and simulation in engineering and scientific computations; new trends in mathematical education; statistical methods in technical and economic sciences and in practice.
In addition to the conference presentations, APLIMAT 2017 will also host a special program, Experience Workshop’s “Travelling Bridges” Mathematical Art Exhibit as a hommáge for the internationally renowned Italian mathematician Mauro Francaviglia (1953-2013).
The exhibit is curated by Marcella G. Lorenzi, Kristóf Fenyvesi, Ildikó Szabó and László Vörös and will also feature math-art education workshops, based on Jomili, ITSPHUN, Lux Blox, Zometool and 4dframe.
More information on the program, venue and opening times can be found on the event’s webpage: HERE!