- Snapshots of modern mathematics
- Diderot Mathematical Forum 2013: “Mathematics of Planet Earth”
- Pierre de Fermat and Andrew Wiles in Czech Republic stamps
- Stefan Banach (March 30, 1892 – August 8, 1945)
- Diderot Mathematical Forums
- Guessing the Numbers
- What is mathematics for Ehrhard Behrends
- What is mathematics for Krzysztof Ciesielski
- The Three Ducks Trick
- What is mathematics for Franka Brueckler
Recreational Mathematics Colloquium V (2017) · G4G Europe – LISBON, January 28-31, 2017
“Recreational Mathematics” is a problematic expression. For some people, like most professional mathematicians, Mathematics is lots of fun; but for others, like some students, Mathematics can be a nightmare.
Historically, we know that some mathematical research areas are deeply linked to puzzles and games : probability and chance games, graph theory and the Bridges of Königsberg come to mind.
Ludus Association, the Portuguese Mathematical Society, Centro Interuniversitário de História das Ciências e da Tecnologia (CIUHCT) will organize Recreational Mathematics Colloquium V – Gathering for Gardner (Europe).
Museu Nacional de História Natural e da Ciência will be our host.
Our Colloquium will be a Show and Tell of bright pearls of Mathematics, with varied levels of sophistication, entertaining many audiences. Its main goal is to foster mathematical appreciation, an important step if we are to see improvements in the future generations.
LISBON, January 28-31, 2017