- Snapshots of modern mathematics
- Diderot Mathematical Forum 2013: “Mathematics of Planet Earth”
- Pierre de Fermat and Andrew Wiles in Czech Republic stamps
- Stefan Banach (March 30, 1892 – August 8, 1945)
- Diderot Mathematical Forums
- Guessing the Numbers
- What is mathematics for Ehrhard Behrends
- What is mathematics for Krzysztof Ciesielski
- The Three Ducks Trick
- What is mathematics for Franka Brueckler
All posts by Marianne Freiberger
Plus Magazine Monthly Column – March 2017
Plus http://plus.maths.org is a free online magazine about mathematics aimed at a general audience. It is part of the Millennium Mathematics Project, based at the University of Cambridge and our aim is to open a door onto the...
- Posted March 30, 2017
Plus Magazine Monthly Column – December 2016
Plus magazine is very proud to start a monthly column for Mathematics in Europe! Plus (http://plus.maths.org) is a free online magazine about mathematics aimed at a general audience. It is part of the Millennium Mathematics Project, based...
- Posted December 5, 2016
The mathematics of kindness
Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution by natural selection is one of the most profound scientific theories to have ever been developed. However, there were several questions about evolution that Darwin himself could not answer. An article by Wim...
- Posted November 23, 2016